Sunday, April 1, 2018

The Elders


I went to the local Pow Wow at the Beaver Lake Reserve for the first 
time to see about some of the amazing personal results that have 
occurred at the health ceremony.

I sat down and the chief came up to me, laid his hands on my head and 
said,"By the will of the Elders - you will walk today."

I told him I wasn't paralyzed, but did have a small bunion on my left foot.
He came back and laid his hands on me again while looking skywards,
earnestly repeated his mantra, "By the will of the Elders - you will walk today."

Once again, I told him there really was nothing wrong with me. 
A little frustrated at what appeared to be a "flawed" ceremony, 

I stepped outside & my SUV was gone. 



***************************
Happy Easter and April Fools Day!


Enjoy your day with Family!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Odie. Have a wee dram of Beefeaters once the sun is over the yardarm. Tell MRSODIE that I said it was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that joke. I kind of saw it coming.

    Have a fabulous day and happy Easter to you both. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red man no speak with forked tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LL, you know not what you say. My friends and I call what will happen because of what you're proposing, "Gin Glare". LOL But I'm used to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. edutcher, he and his cousin with the tow truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (hiding eggs in a snow bank) Easter Odie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brig, you're perzackly right, and we're using white eggs this time.

    ReplyDelete

Put it here ... I can't wait to read it. I have the Captcha turned OFF but blogger insists it be there. You should be able to bypass it.

*** Moderation has been added due to Spam and a Commenter a little too caustic. I welcome comments, but talk of killing and racist (or even close to racist) are not welcome.